Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Open Studios

Each year my building opens its doors to the public for our Annual Holiday Open Studios. It's an exciting time of year with a significant buzz in the air as people get their studios ready for the onslaught of people. Easels are put aside, brushes tucked under benches, tools put away and wood shavings swept up. I love this event. I love the vibe and energy. And I especially love meeting the numerous people who come through my studio. I've met some fascinating people over the years. I'm equally intrigued by their response to my work. Creating a dialogue between myself, my work and admirers (or not)—it's when a whole new meaning to what I do comes to life. I feel spent come 5 pm on Sunday but I'm always charged to get back to work on Monday!

Catherine Raynes Open Studios 2009
The Button Factory
855 Islington Street
Studio 223
Portsmouth, NH 03801

Saturday, December 5, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday, December 6, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment